Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Why Am I A Media Production Major?



Why am I a media production major? Why am I a journalism minor?


I am a media production major because I couldn’t see myself doing anything else. I love to create things and entertain people. I find working together in a team to make something you all believe in as such a special experience. The love I have for movies and tv shows definitely influenced my decision to make this my major as I have been able to analyze my favorite shows or films and understand the influence the media has had on our society, before I go out and work on my own. 


When I was younger, I used to sit around the dinner table and make up stories about what I used to do “When I was a little girl..” I would start every story like that and nothing really made sense, all i knew was, I loved entertaining people and making them laugh. From a young age, I knew there was a writer within me, excited to personify anything in front of me and take my characters through all the things I was afraid of doing, myself. Writing allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone and this major has helped challenge me creatively with the messages and themes I embed in my stories. 


Journalism is my second favorite platform for writing. I love writing features and bringing description and expression to non-fiction. It is exciting to go to events, interview people, and report on real life situations. It takes more observation skill and the ability to pick up on several things happening at the same time is challenging but I really enjoy the process. 


Creating something from nothing and making content people can emotionally invest in or care about is so amazing to me. One of my main career goals is to make media that someone can connect with and relate to. Art and media reflect real life and true experiences, even in fictional stories.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

WikiLeaks Video and the With holding of information

                           This was one of the hardest videos I've ever had to watch. It was so heartbreaking seeing all of the people o...